Happy Friday…random thoughts of the day:
1. You know that song “If I Die Young” by The Band Perry? I really like that song and every time it comes on the radio I’m itching to sing it, but I can’t. I have this weird feeling that singing that song is bad luck. I mean, come on, it’s a song about dying young. And really, why would you want to encourage that?!
2. Have you ever walked down a long hallway and there’s only one person walking the other way towards you? It makes a totally normal thing like walking suddenly turn into something super awkward. Do you make eye contact and hold it the whole time? Do you smile and then look away? Do you walk looking straight ahead and pretend you can’t see them? I know everyone’s thinking “wow you over think this” but seriously, every time this happens I suddenly become so interested in the wall that I just can’t look away. Socially awkward? Perhaps.
3. Sometimes thinking about working out is just as tiring as actually doing it. In the afternoon I start thinking about how I should go to the gym when I get home from work, and then by the time I get home I’m exhausted. Man, thinking about working out is hard work.
4. I am seriously the luckiest wife in the world to have a husband who takes care of me and makes me dinner almost every night. And then, when I don’t want to eat my green beans because I think they’re kind of gross, he sprinkles some creole seasoning on them and they’re suddenly delicious. Amazing.
5. Sometimes when I’m at work and I’m holding a delicious noodle (as in the baby type, not the pasta type. I don’t work in the food industry) I pretend that the baby is mine. And then I think about what I would name that nood (because I’m not crazy about my kid being named Justice). Don’t worry, that’s totally norm.
6. It’s the weekend and I’m psyched. Looking forward to morning snuggles, watching movies in bed, making waffles and enjoying two full days with this sexy guy: